Rockers rally for 7-6 win over Watertown

Last night, the Motor City Rockers faced off against the Watertown Wolves for the second night in a row in New York. Unlike the previous night's game, which took sixty-one minutes for a goal by either team to be scored, the Rockers started off strong with a goal from Roman Gaudet just forty-one seconds into the First Period. The Wolves only took a couple minutes to even the score when Tommy Cardinal of the Rockers got sent to the penalty box for roughing. Twenty-three seconds later, the Rockers followed in pursuit with a one timer from Ross Bartlett. The Wolves got one back shortly after, tying the game 2-2.

The scoring halted for a time being after seventeen minutes into the First , as both teams started to get aggressive. Multiple fights broke out - with Wolves, Charlie Pens Jr, and Rockers, Chris Corgan, getting tangled together on one part of the ice and Wolves, Larry Yellowknee, and Rockers, Vaughn Clouston, battling it out on another. With all the fights breaking out, Rocker's Goalie, Trevor Babin, even hopped in on the action and ended up getting suspended from the game. After things calmed down and several penalties were handed out on both sides, the Rockers put Travis Ridgen in net to replace Babin. The period ended with both teams tied at 2-2. 

The Second Period saw tons of offense from both teams- "The Wolves first goal would come just :59 seconds in as Rocco DiCostanzo was able to slide one by the Rockers goalkeeper Travis Ridgen for a short handed goal, but it only took a minute and 40 seconds for the Rockers to again tie the score when Cade Lamdin was able to knock home a rebound of a Josh Colton shot from just outside the blue ice on the left hand side. Each team would get their second goals of the period on even strength efforts. First, at the 8:13 mark, Watertown's Kolton Maguire sent a nasty wrist shot to the top of the cage, briefly giving the Wolves the lead 4-3. But at 16:32 of the frame Cade Lamdin would get his second goal of the night, again on a rebound that bounced out to the left hand side, end he was able to swat it out of the air and beat Greg Hussey to the near side. At 18:08 the Wolves jumped back into the lead when Rocco DiCostanzo would net his second goal of the game, assisted by Santino Foti and Trevor Lord. The lead wouldn't last long as the Rockers would get a powerplay goal, after the Lincoln Gingerich tripping call, by Josh Colton at 19:02, assisted by Derek Makimaa and Roman Gaudet. The period would end tied at 5 goals each." (Recap by Jeff Bartlett)

Five minutes into the Third Period, the Wolves were able to get the lead with a goal from Brennan Young. The Rockers weren’t done yet- with eleven minutes remaining, Arty Alehkin scored his first of the season tying the game at 6-6. The Rockers were able to finish it off with a goal from Tommy Cardinal, winning the game 7-6. 

The Rockers are now 2-2-1 in their record for their inaugural season and will be facing off against the Port Huron Prowlers this Friday at Big Boy Arena in Fraser and Saturday at McMorran Arena in Port Huron. 

Photo Credit: Jason Pictures on Facebook