Fraser, MI — As temperatures are unseasonably high, the Rockers are enjoying a heater of its own.

Entering Saturday’s game against Port Huron, the Rockers rode a three game winning streak that included two wins over the Prowlers. Thanks to an overtime goal by Scott Coash, the Rockers win streak extends to four games with a 4-3 win over Port Huron.

The Prowlers (3-4-1)were able to get on the board first early midway through the first period when Adam Heinzl controlled the puck from the neutral zone. Heinzle offered a cross-ice pass to Joe Deveny who walked the puck into the slot and fired it through the five-hole of Trevor Babin for a 1-0 lead with 8:25 to play.

The Rockers (5-2-1), however, answered 1:07 later. 

On a two-on-one rush started by Brad Reitter, Reitter offered an entry pass into the slot to Jonathan Juliano. After the puck stalled at his feet, Juliano chipped the puck over Wallace’s shoulder and just under the crossbar to tie the score at 1-1 with 7:18 left in the first period. 

Play got chippy in the second period between both squads as this rivalry has shown its teeth and flexed its muscle. Both teams had to kill off power plays, as the Rockers killed off three and the Prowlers killed two. While Motor City was killing a five-minute major, it received its first penalty shot in franchise history when Scott Coash was hooked and hauled to the ice on a breakaway. 

With 11:05 left in the period, Coash took the puck from the center ice and slowly stick-handled it into the slot before burying the puck for a 2-1 lead for his second of the season.

Penalties continued to mount for Motor City as its reworked penalty kill unit finally succumbed to mounting pressure from the Prowlers’ pressure.

With 12:42 left in the third, Dalton Jay ripped a shot from the point that Matt Graham deflected in front of the net for a game tying 2-2 goal, and his second of the season.

The Rockers regained the lead, 3-2, on Brandon Contratto’s first goal of the season after he finished off a rebound of Reitter’s shot before giving up the lead again on the power play on a goal scored by Tucker Scantlebury. 

As the Rockers reeled in the third period, Motor City quickly collected itself and composed a quick turnaround in the overtime period.

Reitter carried the puck after winning the opening face-off down the farside of the ice. As he was wrapping around the net, he passed the puck to Coash. Coash picked up the pick, did a wrap around of his own, and entered the slot.

As he got into position, he fired the puck high and past Wallace for the win.